Sunday, September 13, 2009

My dream kitchen

Polly AB and I were talking about kitchens the other day for some reason. That night I lay in bed when I couldn't sleep and dreamt up my dream kitchen. Is that weird? Well anyway, this is what I would have...


All white, and spacious, maybe with glossy cabinet doors





A Smeg fridge, for sure



A glass splashback, maybe with a pattern behind to bring colour and pattern to the kitchen


I love Eames chairs. Maybe these DSR ones, or the DAR armchair ones



Piles and piles of flicked-through cookery books (just like my Mum's!) stacked on clean white shelves


I would have a whole wall of my (future) children's artwork

And another wall with a collection of gorgeously patterned random plates


I'd like a chalkboard to write down recipe ideas and to-do lists (and maybe cheery messages like this!)

Perhaps I'd have some open plan shelves above the work surface, so all my (future!) beautiful kitchen-ware can be on display...





...such as a collection of cake plates, just like Nie's

With a ridiculous amount of Rice products please! To add splashes of colour








And my favourite retro-style latte bowls from Anthropologie




I think I will have to continue dreaming for quite a few years yet! It's really stupid isn't it - I haven't really got my priorities rights... I have planned my dream kitchen in great detail, and the names of my future children, but I can't even make the decision of what to do after art college which I need to make by this October! Oh deary me...


Polly R xxxxx


Image sources: 1. emmas.blog 2. Conversation Pieces 3. emmas.blog 4. Design*Sponge 5. unknown 6. Brownbutton 7. desiretoinspire 8. unknown 9. tumblr 10. desiretoinspire 11. lovelydesign 12. nienie 13, 14, 15. Rice 16. unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...