Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jewelry Cards

I am sending some jewelry to Oak Boston this week, and I needed to alter my necklace and earring cards to remove my website name. I needed an update anyways, but the graphic designers I have spoken to have either been, too busy to get my order done quickly, too expensive, and yada yada.



So, I came up with this quick idea. I already purchased this cute little custom girl stamp from the sweetest seller ever, SJane and I also ordered my shop name stamp on a clear base from JLMould. The stamp had my whole website name on it, so I cut off the ".etsy.com" part and removed it, I can always stick it together later.

I found these cute premade tags and used my stamps on them (If you want all your tags to look the same, you can buy a tag paper punch and punch them all out on matching cardstock). For the necklaces, I folded them almost in half (after I stamped them) and stapled the sides shut. Now, I WOULD have put those page reinforcers on the back of the tags, except the hole sizes didn't match up, so I will have to fix that later. For the earring cards, I just made a template (for the kidney wires (and them I took a thumbtack and made little holes.



I think they turned out very cute and unique! I will go the professional graphic design route later when I can afford it, but for now, this is going to have to work.

Oh, and if you want to watch a great tutorial on making your own earwires, check this out from jewelry designer LisasLovilies! She has some gorgeous work and I can say I do have a bit of jealousy here :)

Oh, and I MUST post this ring set. It is so mouthwatering (as is pretty much everything in Zenabu's shop!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...