Sunday, July 5, 2009

I am a terrible hoarder


I have never been able to throw stuff away, even if it's junk that I never use. To me, everything holds memories and I find it hard to get rid of. So I've had to be ruthless with my throwing away whilst clearing out my room.
But there are some things that I just can't bear to get rid of, just like this Pocahontas jewellery box that I got when I was about 5...
It is filled with all my childhood jewellery

And plays Colors of the Wind when you open it (which is a pretty nice song in my opinion)


Of course I can see it's a tacky jewellery box but I can't throw it out! Does anyone else have this problem?

I have found ways to store other little collections though...


- new and vintage tins to store paper scraps, magazine cuttings, ribbons, lace and fabric
(from left to right - Emma Bridgwater tin, red Ben's cookies tin, old Orla Kiely chocolate box, tin from a friend, little patterned box from the Far East, vintage mint chocolate creme tin)


I love these golden syrup tins so much

Various vintage tins from Ebay.

My room is all painted and cleared. It has gone from purple to blue and white. I need to finish a few things (like put pictures on the walls) and repaint and upholster a stool (that I found in a skip!) and another piece of furniture (that I found in the street!), but I will post up pictures when it's all done.
These are the colours that I have used

I bought new duvet covers from Ikea, and although it was discontinued in Habitat, I found this lamp on Ebay, brand new for £10 cheaper! :)

I have been a terrible blogger too. I will post more. I promise.

Polly R x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...