Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Meet Me in St. Louis.

 
Esther Smith: I’m going to let John Truett kiss me tonight.
Rose Smith: Esther Smith.
Esther Smith: Well, if we’re going to get married, I may as well start it.
Rose Smith: Nice girls don’t let men kiss them until after they’re engaged. Men don’t want the bloom rubbed off.
Esther Smith: Personally, I think I have too much bloom. Maybe that’s the trouble with me.
Ester Smith: Meeting him across the lawn for the first time would be so ordinary. I don't want to be just introduced to him. I want it to be something strange and romantic and something I'll always remember.
 
Rose Smith: Oh, Es, isn't he simply enchanting? And so mature! 
Esther Smith: Well, how did it happen? Where did you meet?   
Rose Smith: I was coming out of the shop and he was coming in. We bumped into each other! 
Esther Smith: Accidentally? 
Rose Smith: Almost!
Esther Smith: ... It's our last dance in St. Louis. I feel like I'm going to cry.
'Tootie' Smith: No, you can't! You can't do any of the things that I can do in St. Louis!
Esther Smith: No, no, Tootie, you're wrong. New York is a wonderful town. Everybody dreams about going there, but we're luckier than lots of families because we're really going. Wait till you see the nice new home we're going to have, and the loads and loads of new friends we're going to make. But the main thing is, Tootie, that we're all going to be together, just like we've always been. That's what really counts. We could be happy anywhere as long as we're together.
John: [after proposing to Esther] I wouldn't have said it, Esther, if I'd thought it would make you cry.
Esther: [crying] I've imagined you saying it thousands of times. And I always planned exactly how I'd act. I never planned to cry.
John: Well, at least you didn't laugh...I never asked a girl to marry me before...
Esther: John, nobody could have done it more beautifully. I'm very proud.
John: Esther, will you? Will you, Esther?
Esther: Of course I will, John.
All photos found via google images & tumblr.
I had never seen Meet Me in St. Louis until tonight and I now absolutely love it! It is such a romantic movie & simply perfect for the holidays.
xo-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...