Friday, September 4, 2009

A Hair Story

What do you do, when it is midnight, you are thoroughly exhausted, you have a sink FULL of dishes and a bed full of 5 loads of laundry to fold so that you are contemplating camping out on the living room floor (which, you have done before)...?

Why, you highlight your hair, of course!! As a stylist, I kind of have this down. (visit here for some of my work)  There is a lot of bending, and twising, and turning, and super cramped arms, and the use of multiple mirrors is absolutely necessary (I use 3)... but it saves $100 or so and I can do it whenever I feel like it, though I don't do it nearly as often as I should... can you tell?

Another perk, is usually when I get my hair done in fancy salons, there is almost always tiger striping (when the color bleeds out of the foil around surrounding hairs, leaving ugly stripes of color). I don't know what is up with that, I can understand a rare instance of slippage, but every time!? It is easier for me to tiger stripe on my own hair since I can't really see what I am doing, and tension is really hard to control in the foils... but it is rare and hard to see when I do it, easy to fix and mask if I'm too lazy to fix it. Plus, I have complete control on how heavy I want the highlighting, which parts I want to leave out of the foil to add dimension and allow the color to grow out...


I was feeling the need to go dark, especially after I digitally darkened my hair in my last post, and the weather is cooling down (thank heavens), but I was out of the supplies to do it, so I just highlighted it instead. I love a little snow bunny hair when everyone else is going darker anyways. I plan on going in and adding some platinum pieces and more lowlights similar to the photo below, but a girl can only do so much in one night!

ps... can you believe I sold these vintage safety steampunk glasses for $18 within two hours of listing them in the vintage section of my shop? Perhaps I priced them too low, even though I was so very tempted to keep them!?
 Do you like beauty posts? Would you like more? Eyebrow shaping, skin care, make-up application, hair styling, hair coloring, color and cutting trends, make-up and hair products tips... Let me know what interests you most.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...