Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Inspiration not Insanitiation

 bp
I was going to do a way awesome frame wall. I was going to have lots of frames painted white, with a touch of distressing and it was going to be perfect. It was going to be incredible. And amazing. All I needed was the spray paint b/c I had all the awesome thrifted frames I went searching for over a period of a month in a pile, stacked up in a corner on my kitchen countertop.

That pile sat there for months. I had to dust the thing. Move it around so I could make pb&j samiches for the chitlens. The more I looked at that pile, the more I loathed it. My inspiration for something great was stressing me out. My husband wondering what that ugly pile of frames was doing there... and I couldn't answer him (though he technically never asked). "See honey, I am going to paint them and hang them up all neat like!" Yeah, no.

 domino
 
apartment therapy
 
apartment therapy
 
apartment therapy
 
domino
"What was I thinking!" "I have a smallish patio, and no where to spray paint!" "How am I supposed to do this?" This small art project sat on the bottom of my weekly to do list for far too long.

So, yesterday, seeing them everyday getting overwhelmed at the thought of sanding/spray painting/distressing them while knowing I have way bigger things to do... I put them in a bag and brought them back to Goodwill. (okay, he husband brought the box load of stuff for me after work).

I kept 2 of the ovals picture frames, one of which I am painting white currently, but really, I feel better. Truly!

 
domino


 
domino
domino
 
domino
Sometimes, reading crafty and decorating and business and tutorial and cooking and beauty blogs... gets my stomach in knots as I see sooo many things I want, no need to do!

So, I am telling you, it is okay to x something (or more) off of your list. Skip a soccer practice (or a game), cancel dinner plans, don't finish that craft project (well, unless you sold it of course!)... just... breathe... and don't allow pretty pictures of projects entice you to do something you can't commit to right now.

 
domino 
domino
 
domino 
  
domino

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...