Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Columbia Road

Polly AB and I wandered along to Columbia Road on Sunday. I had never been there before, and it was lovely. There are so many cute little individual and vintage shops. I just wanted to buy everything!
One of my favourites was a shop that sold (among other things) wall stickers like these beautiful birds:

They cost £12 for two and I so so wanted to buy some, but we realised that to make them look good on a wall, you would need at least four... and so luckily Polly managed to stop me and I saved a lot of money! They can easily be made though. You could blow up the picture of the bird below, print it out, and use it as a stencil to cut out some pretty wrapping/ wallpaper and stick it onto the wall yourself.

I did end up buying some white tiles, one with a "P" on it, the other with an umbrella... but with my room all messy from painting it (I am currently sleeping in the spare room!) I have somehow misplaced them so for now cannot photograph them!

The flower market was beautiful and smelt amazing







We wandered along Brick Lane and to Spittelfields market. On the way we bought some delcious cupcakes. Polly bought a rose one (below) and I got a cherry one.




We loved these pretty cream dresses

After buying some cream cheese bagels from the famous "Beigel Bake" shop in Brick Lane (90p!), I bought these lovely fake flowers from a stall outside for £1.50.


If you have a spare moment (and live in London!) you should visit Columbia Road... I am definitely returning!
Polly R xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...