Sunday, May 1, 2011

Personal Style: Elegant Wench

Another odd shirt tuck rescue. I adore the cut and ruching on this top, though when untucked it looks like a poofy maternity shirt. So, I took my favorite assymentrical, raw edged jersey skirt and high waisted it. I always thought I was too short (at 4'11") for this, but now, I have to say, this is one of my favorite and most comfortable dress styles now. Even though it looks a bit pirate wench like, I love it.

 I kept accessories minimal, just my handmade metal roses earrings, black belt, and my favorite red lipstick.

Concerning my legs. As my sister would say, "I'm not pale, I'm angelic." Really, I used to be obsessed with tanning. But now, even though I love a little glow, I am just fine with my pasty white self. In some countries in a much different era, the milky complexion was considered a mark of royalty, as only the laborers were tan from hard work in the sun.

 I did a sort of a side chignon... a loose bun. I just put my hair in a low side ponytail, pulled at the crown for some height. I took about 4 sections of hair, and wrapped each one up and secured with a bobby pin. Probably used about 5 pins total. Similar to the cinnamon bun tutorial.

 shirt: thrifted/ skirt: thrifted/ belt: ny &company/ shoes: steve madden/ earrings: me (jeweled ambrosia)

*linked to Rule Breaking Monday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...