Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Top Ten Beauty Buys

As well as being rather addicted to fashion, we rather like making ourselves look beautiful through make-up and beauty products too!
We thought we'd share our top five beauty products each. We have all of these products ourselves and so they are all tried and tested AND all under £25!

Polly AB's Top Five:

1. Shu Uemera Eyelash Curlers (Space NK, £17.62)
I don't know about you, but if, like me, you've tried any cheap eyelash curlers, you might be wondering what all the fuss is about. In the past, I found that my cheap ones from Superdrug seemed to pinch my skin and pull out my eyelashes more than curl them! When it comes to eyelash curlers, the Shu Uemura brand is considered the crème de la crème of eyelash curlers. And, my god, do they work! After using them for only 10 seconds on each eye, the lashes look as if you've got mascara on. They curl and lengthen even the shortest and straighest of eyelashes. They are not cheap, but they are REALLY REALLY worth it.


2. Mat Lumière SPF15 (Chanel, £25)

This silky fluid foundation leaves your skin looking radiant and matte, for total base coverage. As a teenager, I have fairly oily skin, and foundation that made my skin look matte was really important. It makes your skin look and feel really radiant and comfortable, all day. If you then apply your blusher or bronzer over the top, your skin will look flawless and beautifully fresh. You can also mix the foundation with some of your favourite moisturiser for a homemade tinted moisturiser.


3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Champagne (Boots, £4.20)
Pale pink lipstick is a great alternative to bright red. I often find my make-up looking a little too heavy if I use bright red, so I stick to my trusty Pink Champagne lipstick by Rimmel. The colour is just gorgeous, and it looks even better with a summer tan. The colour is enriched with 50% more 'long-wear colour-boost' pigments, meaning the creamy formula will stay put for up to eight hours. And at under £5, it's a bargain lipstick!





4. Erase Paste (Benefit, £18.50)
I had tried so many shades of concealer that were all so wrong for me before I discovered Benefit's Erase Paste. Dubbed as brightening camouflage for the eyes and face, it is an ingenious concealer that targets dark or uneven bits on the skin to leave you looking fresh-faced. It comes with a little leaflet that tells you how to apply the paste depending on whether you want it to conceal bags under your eyes, spots or whatever else! The paste comes in three different colours so, whatever your skin tone, you have no excuse for those dark circles to remain untreated.


5. Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Espresso (Bobbi Brown, £13.70)

Bobbi Brown's eyeshadows are just to die for. Their silky, matte formula glides on smoothly and blends easily. I really love this dark grey/brown shade to create a smoky eye for a night out. If you blend the eyeshadow on your eyelid and then use black eyeliner to draw a line along your lash line, it really does create a gorgeous smoky eye.








Hope you have enjoyed! I will now hand you over to Polly R!


Polly R's Top Five:



1. No7 Instant Radiance Concealer (Boots, £12.50)
It took me a while to find a concealer that suited my skin tone and that was the right texture for me, but I think that this concealer is my most staple piece of makeup. I hate having bare skin as I feel really self-conscious, but this just improves everything! It has ‘light-reflecting particles’ and it really brightens up your under-eyes. It is also good for concealing blemishes and redness. There are two shades but I think shade II works best for most people (including me) as the other one is too pink.

2. Lustre Lipstick in Plink! (M.A.C, £11.26)
My sister bought me this for Christmas as I’d asked for a nudey pink coloured lipstick, and this is perfect. It is a gorgeous shell pink colour that can be worn during the day or at night, and nude coloured lips are in right now, and are perfect for spring! It is really shimmery but not too glossy, and as MAC describes it as "Colour plus texture for the lips". For a well-known and good-quality brand, I think that it is quite a good price too. I think that it would suit most people too, expecially those with fair complexions like me. I am also a little obsessed with the gorgeous lipstick tube, which is so smooth and round and satisfying!





3. Coralista (Benefit, £22.50)
I got this for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I love it! It looks really bright and orange in the box, but it’s fine on the skin. I think it’s great for Spring/ Summer as it looks really glowing and gives your skin a bright and healthy look. It has a shimmer to it which I really like. I wear it on the apples of my cheeks then brush it across towards my hairline.



4. You Rebel (Benefit, £19.50)
I like this because it is in between a foundation and a moisturiser, so it is better for your skin to wear on a normal daily basis. It also gives you SPF 15 protection against the sun, and soft skin. I use You Rebel Lite because I am super pale. This would also be good in the summer as it would prevent your skin drying, getting burnt and also give you a clear complexion :)




5. Bourjois So Laque Nail Enamel (Boots, £4.88)
This is a great price for this product. I have been looking for this colour since last summer. It is a gorgeous pinky, nudey brown which is perfect for wearing everyday and will suit anyone. It is a strong colour, so I only needed one coat, and I found it dried really quickly too. It also lasted a suprisingly long time too - so I really recommend it!

We hope you have enjoyed reading our reviews on these products and perhaps you will go out and buy some!

Polly and Polly xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...