Saturday, February 21, 2009

ZARA and the Kings Road

Ahh today is such a lovely day! It feels like spring already! And it seems that suddenly all the flowers have sprung out of nowhere! I had to take a picture of this flower in my garden (above).


Anyway, I took a trip to Zara today. I hadn't been there for a while. I used to love Zara but the clothes seemed to go a bit strange in the last year and I went off it. However, after receiving a gift voucher for it for Christmas, I decided to go and take another look. And I have to say, I got so excited that I was actually running around the shop! I didn't have time to take a proper look at the Women section, but I picked up a few lovely pieces in the TRF section (young women). As Zara doesn't have an online catalogue I decided to take a few pictures. I apoligise for the bad quality pictures in the changing room...



I fell in love with this dress (£25) as soon as I saw it. I love the lightness of the fabric, with the thin blue and white pinstripes, then made more feminine with the white lace at the bottom. I thought WOW this is going to be my summer dress! I tried it on however, and it was a really strange shape, with a really low back and hanging strangely. It might look better on other people though!


These shoes (£25) are so gorgeous and floral and summery, and yet unique. I love the contrast of the smooth brown leather with the pretty floral fabric. They are quite comfortable too.


This above photograph is completely out of focus, sorry. But you kind of get the idea. I love the floral fabric with the lace at the bottom. It also comes with a stretchy waist belt to give the dress a lovely shape. However the ruffles at the top looked a little strange on me, but again, might suit other people. I think it was about £25.


I like the bright funky colours and bold patterns of this dress (not sure on price, £20 - £25 I think). It is a kind of silky material and I think it would transition well as a party/ day/ beach dress. The picture doesn't do it much justice, but it is a really fun dress which, as well as going well with flip flops on the beach, could also be worn with black tights and pumps with a cardigan for a more Spring-like outfit.




This is the most gorgeous thing that I have ever seen, really! It is so pretty, light, girly and summery. I think the blue thread detail is lovely too. I am 5 foot 7 and it fell at the top of my knee, so it is a good conservative dress as well! (£30)





I like the pattern on this top (£16), so pretty. The reason I like it is because it can make a plain pair of jeans or shorts more interesting and summery. It's so easy to wear. It is cotton and has a string to tie at the back, so it's flattering too. I ended up buying it, along iwith the shoes.

As I was walking along the Kings Road I couldn't help but snap a few photos of the beautiful displays in the chocolate shops!...

The Grocer





I love the way they made raspberry cakes with raspberries and blackberry ones with blackberries - they look so yummy!

Godiva Chocolates



These strawberries look so succulent and luxurious! They remind me of Serena from Gossip Girl, when she eats them seductively on the coach in front of Dan!

Rococo Chocolates

Beautiful!
So I recommend for you to pop down to Zara sometime soon! Some lovely summery things in at the moment!
Polly R x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...